As I already said, I’m attracted to pasta. I also like soft cheeses and smoked sausage, so I could not help combining them all in one dish. The dish turned out to be very interesting to look at, so it can be served for a small company of guests. Do not be deceived by a small number of conchiglioni. The filling is rather fat, so that it can easily feed 6-8 people.
- SERVES: 6-8 Servings
- PREP: 15 mins
- COOK: 45 mins
- READY IN: 60 mins
- 15-20 pasta shells (conchiglioni)
- 100 grams mozzarella
- 150 grams ricotta
- 2 tbsp mascrapone
- 1/3 cup parmesan grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 grams smoked sausage
For tomato sauce you’ll need:
- 1 can (400g) peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1-2 tsp dried oregano (basil works well too)
- fresh herbs (basil, thyme, oregano)
- The first step is preparing the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Also warm the oven up to 200C (400F) (no fan).
- Mix ground cheeses and egg for filling of the pasta. Save just a couple of tablespoons of Parmesan cheese to sprinkle your pasta later.
- Next, make the tomato sauce. The first step is chopping tomatoes a little so that they were whole and mix with tomato puree and herbs. Put salt and pepper and add a little sugar for the sauce not to be sour.
- Pour the sauce into a baking dish. Fill all the conchiglioni with the filling and spread on top. Slice the sausage and also put it into the dish.
- Sprinkle the pasta with remaining parmesan, sprinkle with olive oil and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The pasta should be slightly baking. If not, you can turn on the grill during the last minutes.
- Take the dish out from the oven, sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve.