As it turned out, the summer is not the best time for blogging. On one hand, all the products are fresh and it’s a pleasure to cook something of them, but on the other hand, this is summer … We eat less and instead of that just spend more time outdoors. Fortunately, quick recipes are very popular even in the summer. Actually the question is about a very fast way to cook pasta with a sauce full of flavor and aroma. It’s extremely fast because the sauce is prepared 3 times faster than the pasta itself. Of course, you need to have some ingredients at home but they are very few.
- SERVES: 2 Servings
- PREP: 2 mins
- COOK: 2 mins
- READY IN: 14 mins
- 200 grams penne
- 50 grams walnuts
- 50 grams parmesan (+ some more for sprinkling before serving)
- 1/2 bunch sage (only leaves)
- 4-8 tbsp olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- As long as it is being cooked, make the pesto sauce. To do this, put all the ingredients in a blender and just mix. It is better to add olive oil gradually to get a neither dry and at the same time nor too liquid consistence of the sauce. The amount of pesto you’ll cook, by the way, will be enough for a couple of times. You can freeze it for later.
- When the pasta is cooked, just pour the water out and add about half of the prepared sauce. You may add the amount of sauce according to your taste – more or less, as you wish. I also recommend to add a few tablespoons of the liquid, in which the pasta was cooked, to the sauce. That will allow to mix it better.