My wife really loves to cook different rolls. Even simple meat fillet she usually turns into different rolls with different stuffings. This time she cooked a cool spinach roll with a simple yet very interesting stuffing. Our guests liked it a lot…
- SERVES: 1 roll
- COOK: 30 mins
- 400 grams spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 5 eggs
- 200 grams mascarpone cheese
- 50 grams dried shiitake
- 2 large onions
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 3 tbsp flour
- 50 grams parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- First of all place the dried shiitake mushrooms in a bowl, with almost boiling water to cover for 1 hour.
- Blanch spinach for two minutes, place it in iced water and drain well.
- Separate whites and yolks. Blend egg yolks with spinach. Add 1 tbsp of mascarpone cheese and all flour to the mix.
- Now blend egg whites with a dash of salt and carefully combine egg yolks and egg whites mixes together.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper and carefully transfer the egg mix on it, spreading evenly. Place the tray into an pre-heated to 190C(375F) oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Peel and slice onions pole-to-pole. Drain mushrooms and cut into rough chunks. Fry onions on medium-low heat for 5 minutes, add mushrooms and fry for 5 more minutes on medium heat.
- Let a mushroom mix to cool a little and add sour cream, salt and pepper to it. Mix the mixture well.
- Take the baking pan out of the oven and evenly cover the spinach mixture with grated Parmesan cheese. Cover it with another sheet of baking paper and put on a working surface upside down.
- Cover the spinach sheet with mascarpone and transfer the mushroom mixture on it, spreading evenly. Roll it up and place in a fridge for at least an hour or two.