Crostini are great not only as appetizer for bigger meals but for breakfast too. For example, you won’t need anything else for a breakfast with these crostinis besides a cup of tea or coffee.
- SERVES: 10 Servings
- PREP: 10 mins
- COOK: 5 mins
- READY IN: 15 mins
- 10 slices baguette
- 10 quail eggs
- 70-100 grams mozzarella cheese shredded
- 10 slices prosciutto or bacon
- 5-7 cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil for ganish
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 chillies (optional)
- Make your bread crusty by drizzling it with olive oil and placing on a pre-heat grill pan for a minute or two.
- Fry the quail eggs in a little bit of olive oil.
- On each slice of bread add a slice of prosciutto or bacon, a quail egg, couple of slices of tomatoes and chilies then sprinkle with some shredded mozzarella cheese. Season with freshly ground pepper and salt. Garnish with chopped fresh basil and enjoy!
PS: right now have a little problem with my wife, always had in mind how to create better romantic atmosphere, spanish fly come up in my mind but then I realized what is in spanish fly?