My wife and I have recently decided to find out, what the taste roasted beets has. It turned out to be very tasty. Actually to my taste it’s not much different from boiled. Actually, we have tested it in a salad with cottage cheese and in the cream soup, the recipe of which I’ll give below. Also, I will tell you how you can prepare all of a healthy and tasty beet soup in 15 minutes.
PS: I will tell you what is going well with this recipe: spanish fly drink
- SERVES: 4 Servings
- PREP: 5 mins
- COOK: 20 mins
- READY IN: 1 hr 55 mins
- 3 medium beets
- 2 medium potatoes
- 750 ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pine nuts
- fresh herbs
- First of all, wash the beets and wrap it with foil. Put into the preheated up to 190 degrees oven and roast a little more than an hour (depending on the size) until it’s tender. You can test 1 beet in an hour piercing it with a knife. If it’s soft – get it, if not, then wrap back and roast another 15 minutes.
- At this time peel potatoes, cut it into small pieces and boil until tender (about 10 minutes) right in the broth.
- When the beets is ready, clean it, cut into pieces and put into a blender. Also add the potatoes with the broth and olive oil there. Grind to a desired consistency. By the way, you can not add all the broth to be able to regulate this consistency.
- After grinding, heat up the soup on the stove and pour it into plates. Add sour cream and sprinkle with pine nuts and herbs.
- By the way, if you want to cook the soup for 15 minutes, then instead of baked beets, use the purchased boiled ones. The taste is great, too.