If you like different steaks, chops, shashlik or barbecues, then you surely enjoy various side dishes. As for me, I always eat such meat with a side dish. When cereals, pasta, fried potatoes and mash start annoying, we have to think over how to diversify them. For example, how to cook mashed potatoes in a slightly unusual way.
- SERVES: 4 Servings
- PREP: 5 mins
- COOK: 15 mins
- READY IN: 1 hr 30 mins
- 4-5 medium potatoes (~800g)
- 250 grams celery
- 1 bulb garlic (divided into cloves)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- fresh tyme
- Cooking this mash is very easy and following the process is almost unnecessary. First, preheat the oven up to 190C (375F) degrees (with a fan).
- Pierce the skin of potatoes with a fork in several places. Salt it and put on a baking sheet in the oven.
- Cut the celery into large pieces and together with garlic cloves put on the baking paper. Pour with olive oil, salt, pepper and wrap the paper into a package shape.
- After 30 minutes of baking potatoes, put the celery package onto the pan. Bake for another 30-40 minutes, until the potatoes and celery are ready.
- When everything is ready, scrape the skin of the potatoes with a spoon, squeeze the roasted garlic from the skin and crumble it all together with celery. If celery turned to be hardish, then it can be passed through a garlic press. You can also add a bit of olive oil into the mash. If necessary, add some salt to it.
- Sprinkle with thyme leaves and pepper the mash a little bit.
- The wonderful side dish is ready!