Quite a funny story happened with this cake. My wife was going to bake it for the arrival of guests and prepared a dry mixture. Coming of the guests canceled at the last minute, and since I’m not a fan of apple baking and nobody was going to eat it, we decided not to bake the cake. And this bowl with dry mixture covered with foil was left. It stood on the kitchen table for a long time, about a month. This bowl was an eyesore. So, the cake was baked right before coming of other guests. Preparing this cake is very simple, so chalk up!
- SERVES: 8 Servings
- PREP: 5 mins
- COOK: 5 mins
- READY IN: 50 mins
- 3 juicy apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package melted butter (180 grams)
- salt pinch
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- First of all, mix dry ingredients: flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon and salt.
- Put Into a small baking dish a third of the dry mixture and spread evenly over the bottom.
- Grate apples and spread half of them onto the dry mixture. Pour on top another third of the dry mixture.
- Then put the remaining apples, and on top – the remaining dry mixture.
- Fill the top with melted butter and put in a preheated to 180C (360F) oven.
- After 40 minutes the cake is ready. Leave it to cool, cut into slices and serve.