Risotto is a great dish and everybody loves it when it’s cooked well. There are many ways to cook it: with fish, veggies, mushrooms and so on. You can even use different grains for it. In this recipe I’ve combined two grains and seems it turned out really well.
- SERVES: 4 Servings
- COOK: 40 mins
- 200 grams risotto rice (arborio)
- 100 grams quinoa
- 1 liter chicken stock (veggi or beef stock work well too)
- 25 grams butter
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 250 grams mushrooms
- 4 springs fresh thyme (only leaves)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped or smashed)
- bunch lettuce
- grated parmesan to serve
- Add both grains into a large shallow pan on a high heat. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- In the same time, chop the onion and fry it on low heat in a different pan. After about 10 minutes roughly add roughly chopped mushrooms and fry the mixture on high heat for 5 minutes. After that add thyme leaves, garlic and cook for 1 more minutes.
- When grains are ready, mix both mixtures and add lettuce to them. Serve it right away!