I don’t know why but frozen peas aren’t as popular as they should be. At least that’s true among my friends. With such recipes I try to change their opinion…
- SERVES: 12 Servings
- COOK: 10 mins
- 12 slices baguette
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- parmesan shaved
- fresh mint torn
- few drops balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Grill your bread and rub all slices with garlic.
- Blanch peas in a large saucepan of boiling salted water about 1 minute for frozen peas and about 2 minutes for fresh.
- Drain peas and transfer them to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, add extra-virgin olive oil and mash with a fork.
- Spread about 1-2 tbsp mixture of each toast. Garnish with shaved Parmesan, torn mint, and a few drops of balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!