I want to share another great recipe of a very “green” snack, perfectly suitable for a glass of white wine in the hot summer days. Such a snack is a good treat for guests if they suddenly appear on the threshold on a warm summer evening…
- SERVES: 4-6 slices (4-6 Servings)
- PREP: 10 mins
- COOK: 5 mins
- READY IN: 15 mins
- 1 cup broad beans (double-pod)
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- couple of springs fresh mint
- half lemon (juice)
- a small peace parmesan
- a few slices baguette
- salt and pepper
- If you, like me, buy frozen beans, then it’ll be peeled off the outer shells already. But in fact, if you take one bean in hand, you’ll understand that it still consists of one of the shells and core. This shell can be left if you are cooking the beans for a long time. This recipe is quick, so it has to be peeled off. This will take actually more time than the rest of the recipe, but there is no getting around it.
- To peel off the beans, boil a pot of water and put the beans in it for 2 minutes. Then drain the water and pour cold water into the beans. Then you can safely squeeze the cores which is needed for this recipe.
- Now, warm up some olive oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic until light blush. Take it out and put the beans into the frying pan.
- Fry it over medium heat for 3 minutes. Next, salt, pepper and squeeze lemon juice there. Finely cut mint leaves and also add them to the mixture. Press with a spoon and mix everything.
- Make some toasts, spread the mixture on them and put thin sliced cheese on top. It’s very easy to cut it with a vegetable knife. That’s it!