All the same, fresh tomatoes are a great topping for crostini. Especially in the summer, during crostini season. The previous recipe with tomatoes was very simple, but this one is also not complicated. It will take you more time but the taste would be more delicious and original.
- SERVES: 2-4 Servings
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 6 tbsp feta
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- half a medium-sized white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil
- juice of half lemon
- a few springs fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- In a food processor grind the tomatoes, onion, garlic and vinegar so that the tomatoes were in small pieces.
- Spread the mixture into a bowl, leave it for a few minutes, add half the olive oil, salt, pepper and mix.
- Using a blender mix the feta, cream cheese, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining olive oil in a smooth mass.
- As usually cook the baguette and spread on each piece a slice of cheese, and put the tomato mixture on top of it.
- Decorate with torn basil leaves and serve.