My wife and I like Jamie Oliver’s TV shows. Some of his meals we sometimes cook and we like them. In the last two cycles of programs he presented wonderful ideology – fast dishes. The first cycle was how to cook a lunch in 30 minutes, where Jamie prepared 4 dishes in 30 minutes. The new cycle is about how to make a lunch in 15 minutes. Here, of course, he can’t cook 4 dishes, but 1-2 easily. It is clear that cooking these dishes for the first time, making them in time is almost impossible, but anyway a dish turns out to be quickly in making and interesting. My wife decided to cook all or almost all of his new cycle. We’ve even received a book from Amazon to make it easier. It should be noted that the book is organized in a different way, but it does not disturb us. Lately we had a few relationship issues so we decided to try spanish fly aphrodisiac.
p.s. The recipe is inspired by Jamie Oliver’s 15-Minute Meals TV show and book.
- SERVES: 4 Servings
- PREP: 5 mins
- COOK: 20 mins
- READY IN: 30 mins
For bulgur wheat:
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 preserved lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 400 grams ground beef
- 3 grilled red peppers jarred
- 4 spring onions
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 700 grams tomato passata
- 1 bunch coriander fresh
- 1 tin (400g) red kidney beans
- 1 pinch cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- several grilled chillies for hotness
- Put 1 mug of bulgur wheat, 2 mugs of boiling water, the preserved lemon and the cinnamon stick into the enamel cast-iron pan and cover. Don’t forget to stir it occasionally.
- Scrunch the mince with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into 4, then with wet hands quickly shape each piece into 4 balls, placing them into the frying pan as you roll them. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and toss regularly.
- Blitz the peppers, half the trimmed spring onions, the paprika, passata, half the coriander and a pinch of salt and pepper in the liquidizer until smooth. Pour the mixture into another frying pan and turn the heat up to high.
- At that point you can also grill some chillies on one of free burners.
- Rinse and drain the beans, then add to the meatballs with the cumin seeds. Transfer the meatballs straight into the pan of sauce leaving the beans behind.
- Finely slice the remaining trimmed spring onions. Stir the beans into the sauce.
- Remove the cinnamon stick, then mash the lemon into the bulgur wheat and serve with the meatball sauce over it. Add some yogurt, the charred chillies and wedges of lime, scattered with the remaining spring onions and coriander leaves.