I have already showed you how to cook Camembert cheese and said that such a method of preparation of this wonderful cheese I like the most. But if baked, this cheese is tasty, too, so I’ll show how my wife and I baked it. Besides, the perfect addition to this dish can be Jack Daniel’s sauce. This is, by the way, one of my favorite sorts of whiskey, that’s why we drank it with this cheese. The sauce, by the way, has a very strong taste, so be prepared for that. I think, it matches many other snacks, and at TGI Friday’s in it’s in all hamburgers.
- SERVES: 2 Servings
- PREP: 15 mins
- COOK: 60 mins
- READY IN: 2 hrs 15 mins
- 2 boxes camembert
- 1 glass water
- 1 glass pineapple juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp Teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili finely chopped
- 15-20 tbsp sugar (according to desired sweetness)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 3 tbsp whiskey
- 1 tbsp pineapple finely chopped
- Clean the garlic from peel, pour a tablespoon of oil, wrap up with foil and put it to the oven for 1 hour at 160° C (320F). Get it out and cool.
- Mix the water, pineapple and lemon juice, soy sauce, Teriyaki sauce and sugar. Put on high heat and stir constantly to dissolve the sugar. Add half a teaspoon of pepper.
- After boiling, turn down the heat to barely gurgling state. Add onion and garlic. Bring to boiling again. Reduce the heat and add 3-4 tablespoons of whiskey.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, preventing the sugar from burning. It evaporates for about an hour less than half of the original volume remains in the pan a little. Accordingly, it becomes thicker.
- Remove from the heat and let the sauce cool a little, it hardens and reminds of jam in its consistency.
- To bake cheese preheat the oven to 190° C (375F). Get the cheese out of the box, unpack and make it a few transversal cuts.
- Wrap in paper for baking, put in some baking dish and in the oven for about 15 minutes. If the box is of cardboard, you can just put the cheese back into it. The time is approximate, because it depends on the size of the oven and cheese. It is necessary that all the cheese melt inside and started to swell a little, but not burst.