Super Thin And Crispy Coconut Cookies
By November 15, 2013Published:
Lots of families is going to celebrate Christmas very soon. For this time of the year it's great to have some homemade cookies at home. They are perfect with a cup of hot cocoa or can even become perfect Christmas gifts for your friends.
- Serves: about 2 dozen cookies
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 12 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 42 mins
- 170 grams butter (soften)
- 1 1/4 cup (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 3/4 cup (150g) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (75g) unsweetened shredded coconut (plus extra for decoration)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add one egg at a time mix on low for 40 seconds. Add vanilla extract and coconut, mix until combined.
- Incorporate flour mixture and mix until combined. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure it is well blended.
- Transfer dough into a bowl covered with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Prepare 3 24×12 inch parchment paper. Place 1/3 of the dough on one side of the parchment paper. Fold sheet in half so that the dough is centered. Roll into 1/10 inch layer. Unfold parchment paper and cut circles using a cookie cutter. Fold paper back onto the dough and freeze for 20 minutes. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Preheat oven to 165C (325F). Carefully unfold parchment paper. Place cookie dough facing down on a clean surface and remove parchment paper. Carefully transfer each circle onto a baking pan with a silicon mat. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Using a spatula, transfer each cookie to a cooling rack.
Once cooled, store in an air-tight container.