Sticky Asian-Style Chicken Thighs
By April 22, 2013Published:
Today there is no problem to buy any part of chicken in the needed quantity. They are certainly not as tasty as good poultry, but sometimes it's convenient. In addition, the taste of chicken breasts isn’t like that. Plus it is easier to just give them some interesting flavor using various spices and sauces. Since I have recently promised to show you how to quickly and very tasty cook breasts with Chinese five-spice, I hurry up to keep the promise.
p.s. The recipe is inspired by Jamie Oliver’s 15-Minute Meals TV show and book.
- Serves: 2-4 Servings
- Prep: 3 mins
- Cook: 12 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp Chinese five-spice
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- On a large sheet of greaseproof paper, toss the chicken with salt, pepper and the five-spice.
- Fold over the paper, then bash and flatten the chicken to 1.5 cm thick with a rolling pin.
- Put into the large frying pan with one tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat.
- Turn after 3-4 minutes or until nicely charred. Cook for 3-4 more minutes until cooked through.
- Drain away any excess fat from the chicken pan, put back on the heat, drizzle with the sweet chili sauce and toss with the sesame seeds.
- When the chicken glazed a little bit transfer it on a serving plate and sprinkle it with some chopped fresh herbs if you have them.