Smoky And Crispy Baked Beans In Tomato Sauce
By December 20, 2013Published:
Yes, the weather isn't great behind my window so it's time for warm recipes. Lets start with a simple side dish that can be cooked in 15 minutes and comes perfect with any roasted meat. It definitely will leave some warmness inside...
- Serves: 3-4 Servings
- Cook: 5 mins
- 2x(400g) tins beans (different combinations works well)
- 350 grams tomato passata
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Tobasco
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp bbq sauce
- 1 tsp honey (runny)
- 1 heaped tsp mustard
- 50 grams cheese (grated) (Cheddar works well)
- First of all warm up your oven to 180C (360F).
- Drain and rinse the beans and put them into medium frying pan with 2 tablespoons of oil. Fry them to crisp up about 2 minutes.
- Stir the remaining ingredients (except cheese) into the beans pan and bring to the boil.
- Grate over the cheese, then place in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden and sizzling.