Shredded Leftover Beef Salad With Awesome Croutons
By November 19, 2013Published:
I'm continue to cook different dishes from the latest Jamie Oliver's cookbook. This time is kinda quick way to use leftover beef turning it into an awesome salad. This salad is much quicker to cook than beef hotpot but isn't less cool. Enjoy!
- Serves: 4-6 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
- 250 grams leftover cooked beef
- 70 grams blue cheese
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 1 baguette
- 2 round lettuces
- 1/2 bunch (15g) fresh mint
- 2 apples (or pears)
- 1 chili
- leftover gravy optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F).
- Crumble the blue cheese into a blender and add the oil, vinegar, mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whiz until smooth, then loosen with a splash of water.
- Tear the bread into rough 2.5cm chunks and scatter over a large roasting tray. Dizzle over one-third of the blue cheese dressing and some leftover gravy. Toss everything together, then roast in one layer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden and crunchy, turning halfway.
- Click the lettuce leaves apart into a large bowl, then pick in the mint leaves. Cut your apples and add to the bowl. Shred the meat into a large skillet over a high heat. Warm them through, then add to the salad bowl. Drizzle over the remaining dressing and toss everything together.
- Tip on to a large platter or divide between our plates, scatter over the croutons, finely slice the chilli and sprinkle over the top. Enjoy!