Paella With Veggies, Chicken and Chorizo
By October 29, 2013Published:
If you're into Jamie Oliver's cookbooks than you definitely know that there is his new cookbook out there - Save With Jamie. It isn't exactly what I thought it would be, but it's great anyway. I definitely like his idea of reusing leftovers in complete new dishes. Even though this paella isn't one of these dishes, it's great anyway! The recipe is very easy and flexible so it's definitely will be on our table again.
- Serves: 4-6 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
- 3 chicken thighs
- 100 grams chorizo
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- half a bunch fresh parsley (15g)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1-2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 300 grams paella rice (aborio works fine)
- 100 grams frozen peas
- 1 lime
- 200 grams frozen peeled cooked prawns (optional)
- Peel and finely slice the garlic, peel and roughly chop the onion and carrots. Finely chop the parsley stalks, then roughly chop the chorizo and chicken thighs.
- Add some olive oil into a large lidded shallow pan on a medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, carrot, parsley stalks, chorizo, chicken and fry for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Deseed and chop the pepper, then add to the pan for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir through the tomato paste and crumble in the stock cube, then add rice and stir for a couple of minutes so it starts to suck up all that lovely flavour.
- Pour in 750ml of boiling water and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Pop the lid on and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Stir in the peas and prawns, replace the lid and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until hot through.
- Season then chop the parsley leaves and serve with wedges of lime on the side for squeezing over.