Easy Pasta Caponata
By January 28, 2014Published:
Today I want to continue showing you some great and easy tomato pasta recipes. They are so easy to make even when it's cold and snowing outside. Great chopped tomatoes are available year-round. 🙂 Although this time you'll need a large aubergine instead of red bell peppers. Nowadays this isn't a problem too...
- Serves: 4 Servings
- Cook: 30 mins
- 1 large aubergine
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 (400g) tins chopped tomatoes
- 320 grams fettuccine
- olive oil
- parmesan (to serve)
- fresh basil (to serve)
- Cut an aubergine into 1cm cubes and fry in a large pan on a medium heat with a lug of olive oil for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add 1 tbsp each of brown sugar, red wine wine vinegar and capers. Peel and finely slice 2 cloves of garlic, add to the pan too. Fry it for 1 minute.
- Add both tins of chopped tomatoes and bring the sauce to the boil. Gently simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your fettuccine according to package instructions and drain, reserving some of cooking water.
- Season the sauce to perfection, then toss the pasta through it, loosening with cooking water if needed.
- Serve with a grating of Parmesan cheese and baby basil leaves.