Baked Red Rainbow Trout
By January 17, 2013Published:
I don’t like fish. I don’t like it at all, no matter how it’s cooked. As for me, lamb, beef and pork are much tastier. But my wife and daughter love fish, so they treat themselves periodically to fish cooked in some way. This time, a few medium size steaks of red trout were baked with vegetables. It’s simple, fast, self-sufficient and tasty. I certainly have not tried it, but my wife and daughter were happy, so it’s good.
- Serves: 2-4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 mins
- 600-800 grams trout 2-4 steaks
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 large onion
- 2 lemons
- 1 glass white wine
- 1/3 glass vegetable oil
- half a bunch parsley
- half a bunch dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- your favorite spices to taste
- Wash the trout, dry and sprinkle with salt, pepper and spices. Let it soak the spices for 30 minutes.
- Clean and cut the carrot into strips. Cut the onion into thin half-rings.
- Put the carrots and onions into a baking dish, salt and pepper a little bit.
- Wash parsley and dill and finely cut. Put them on top of onions and carrots.
- Put the fish onto the parsley and dill and sprinkle it with juice of half a lemon. Leave for 15 minutes.
- Next, pour the wine and vegetable oil onto the fish. Cut the second lemon in halves and stuff the halves of the lemon into the fish. Cover the dish with foil and put into the oven pre-heated to 180C (350F).
- Bake the trout for 40-50 minutes. Serve it with vegetables. Beautiful and delicious dish!